Camping and Event HQ Information
Hidden Valley Cricket Oval (Ted Furber Memorial Grounds)
Ewan Paluma Road corner Breakaway Road, Hidden Valley 4816
Camping is available at the Hidden Valley Cricket Ground (Event HQ) on Friday and Saturday night. Toilets and showers are available for everyone booked in for camping.
Please book your spot online together with your race registration. Camping options can be added to your registration at a later stage as well.
Smokin' & Grillin' Townsville and Woodfire Delights will be set up from Friday until Sunday, please bring cash for any food and drink purchases (no EFTPO available). On Saturday there will also be the SES BBQ Truck and a bar selling beers, wine, spirits and soft drinks. And yes, of course there will be coffees and hot drinks also.
Please ensure to read the Camping Rules below and familiarise yourself with the Event HQ map and Parking map.
Price is $15 per person per night. Non-participants need to book their camping spot also. This can be done via the online registration portal.
Event HQ Map- Hidden Valley
Day-use Parking Map
Event HQ Map Paluma
Camp & HQ Rules
We are offering camping on Friday and Saturday night at the Ted Furber Memorial Park in Hidden Valley. The Ted Furber Memorial Park is the new Paluma Push Event HQ, as well as the event finishing line. We will also be hosting the Paluma Push Official After Party there on Saturday night complete with live entertainment/music, food trucks and bar.
Please read through the camping rules below. Adherence to these rules will ensure that the weekend runs as smoothly as possible.
Upon arrival at Hidden Valley/Event HQ
- Follow the one-way entry directions, as well as all signage and directions given by event staff.
- Check in with our Camp Coordinator upon arrival. They will have a list of everyone who has booked. You must pre-book your camping with your race registration.
- Follow the Camp Coordinators instructions on where to set up camp. This will ensure that we have plenty of room for all campers.
- Please note that we will have a lot of people camping on both Friday and Saturday nights. If you are only camping on Friday night, please follow the directions given to ensure that you set your camp up in the ‘FRIDAY CAMPING ONLY’ area. This will make it easier for you to pack up and leave on Saturday, as well as be less disruptive for our other campers.
- Please do not bring your Taj Mahal (ie. Caravan, large camper trailer etc.). There will simply not be enough space for everyone to have a big set up. Please keep it small and simple. Tent camping is preferred and cars might have to be parked outside the camping area.
- If you are not camping out of your car, please drive in and drop off your camping equipment and then follow the signs to park your car in the designated parking area. Unfortunately, we do not have sufficient space to have cars in the camping area otherwise.
Camp requirements and facilities
- We will have one (1) large bonfire as well as a number of fire buckets in the Event HQ area for everyone to enjoy. Campers must not establish their own campfires under any circumstances.
- The Event HQ area is equipped with 10 showers and 16 toilets. Please help us to maintain these facilities by cleaning up after yourself. Should any maintenance or restocking of the facilities be required, please advise event staff. Please use the designated toilet facilities to relieve yourself, not the bush.
- The Event HQ area will also be equipped with tables, chairs, lights and the fire buckets.
- There will be a bike wash area with high pressure hose.
- We will have a limited supply of tank water available, please bring your own supply for drinking and cooking. Although we will have the water tanks to use if necessary, it will help ease some of the pressure if you can bring your own drinking water.
- There is no power available at the camping grounds. If you are bringing a generator with you, the generator must be turned off by 9.00pm. Please note that there is also no internet or phone reception.
- Please take your own rubbish home with you and do not leave anything behind.
- The camping area and Event HQ is strictly non-smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes. If you need to smoke, please use the designated smoking area and the ash trays provided.
- Please be considerate to other campers/local residents and keep the noise level to a minimum after 9.00pm.
- Pets are not allowed - Please leave your dogs at home. Even if you are not camping and just coming down of the day, we ask that you DO NOT bring your dog to Hidden Valley.
- Please do not bring glass bottle/containers in the interests of safety.
Food and Drinks
- A variety of local Food Trucks will be available for you to purchase your meals over the course of the weekend. The food options are as follows:
- Friday dinner at Event HQ - Smokin’ & Grillin’ Townsville and Woodfired Delights will be set up, serving delicious meals.
- Saturday morning at the start line, Paluma - The Feel Good Foodie will be selling breakfast as well as coffee/hot drinks.
- Saturday afternoon/evening at Event HQ – Smokin’ & Grillin’ Townsville, Woodfired Delights and the SES BBQ trailer available.
- Sunday morning at Event HQ – the SES BBQ trailer will be selling BBQ Breakfast and hot drinks are available from Woodfired Delights.
- Please note as there is no reception at Hidden Valley, you will need to bring cash if you are wanting to purchase any food or drinks. No eftpos/atm access is available.
- On race day, a free recovery area will be available for event participants at the finish line where fresh fruit and electrolyte drinks will be available. Please note that these refreshments are provided for riders only.
- The Paluma District Community Association (PDCA) will have a bar set up at the Event HQ. The bar will be open on Friday night and Saturday from 12 noon for you to purchase soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits. Please support this local community group if you can and reduce the amount of drinks you otherwise bring with you (and no glass bottles if you BYO). Again, drinks will only be able to be purchased with cash.
Official Paluma Push After Party
- The live band will be playing music from 5pm-9pm.
- As indicated above, Smokin’ & Grillin’ Townsville, Woodfired Delights and the SES BBQ trailer will have delicious food available and the PDCA will have all your beer, wine, spirits and soft drink needs covered. Please remember to bring cash if you want to eat and drink!
- Bikes are not to be brought into the Event HQ/festival area under any circumstances.