GETTING TO PALUMA
Access to Paluma is via the Bruce Highway.
Townsville to Paluma
- Heading north from the Townsville City. It is about 1.5 hours from Townsville to Paluma Village (the start line). The turn-off to Paluma is located approximately 67 kilometres north of Townsville.
Townsville to Paluma (Courtesy: Google Maps)
Ingham to Paluma
- Heading South from the Ingham. It is just over 1 hour to Paluma Village (the start line).
Ingham to Paluma (Courtesy: Google Maps)
The Paluma village is located approximately 21 kilometres from the highway turn-off, via a mountainous range. Whilst the drive to Paluma is not difficult, caution must be exercised given the nature of the winding mountain roads.
About 35-40mins to get up the Paluma Range from the Bruce Highway (Courtesy: Google Maps)
PALUMA TO HIDDEN VALLEY
Paluma to Hidden Valley is approximately 23km along a bitumen/dirt road. There will be another 400 drivers on the road as well as you all going to the same place, so you need to allow at least 40 minutes driving time each way.
Make sure you allow enough time, so you don't miss the race briefing or race start.
About 40mins one-way trip to travel from Paluma to Hidden Valley
8.30AM – 10.30AM ROAD CLOSURE: The road in to Paluma will be closed at the Paluma Dam turnoff by the police from 8:30am until 10:00am until the last riders comes through onto the Paluma Dam Road
IF YOU DO NOT GET BACK TO PALUMA FROM HIDDEN VALLEY BEFORE THE CLOSURE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO START THE RACE!
GETTING BACK TO PALUMA
If you don't have a driver who can pick you up at Hidden Valley after the event, or you missed out on a bus transfer, you need to arrange a car shuffle.
- Option 1: Drive 2 cars to Hidden Valley and leave one there. Then drive back to Paluma in time for the start. That gives you a car at Hidden Valley to get you and your bikes back to Paluma after the event.
- Option 2: Team up with some others and all take your cars to Hidden Valley. Then have one car drive you all back to Paluma for the race start. It is best to unload your bikes and gear at Paluma before you head off for Hidden Valley.
- Option 3: Leave your car at Paluma and arrange with someone for a lift back to Paluma after presentations to pick up your car. Then drive back to Hidden Valley to collect your gear.
- Option 4: Leave your car at Paluma, ride the race and after the event, ride back to Paluma.
Bus Transfers are available to get you and your bike from Hidden Valley back to Paluma. TICKETS/SEATS ARE LIMITED.
Preferably, Bus Transfers are to be booked at time of Race Registration at an additional cost of $20 per person.
A bike trailer will be towed behind the bus to transfer each passenger's bike. Riders will be responsible for ensuring their bike is properly secured with your own strap/rope to the trailer.
SUNDAY 21 JULY - BUS TIMETABLE
Departs Hidden Valley Cabins
7:15 am - Arrives at Paluma at 8:00am.
12:00 pm - Arrives at Paluma 12:45pm, in time for you to get back to Hidden Valley for presentations at 2:00pm.
1:35 pm - Arrives at Paluma at 2:15pm. You will miss presentations.
3:10 pm- Arrives at Paluma at 3:45pm.